Frankincense is a shrub commonly grown in Oman and Somalia and also popular in Middle East. Frankincense tree is scientifically known as Boswellia sacra tree that produces a gum or resin which further proceeds into an essential oil.
frankincense oil extraction method:
Frankincense essential oil is extracted from gums and resins which obtained from Bowellia sacra shrub that can be steam distilled into an essential oil.
frankincense oil Properties-
Frankincense oil is uniquely warm, sweet and light with floral incense like aroma which elevates spiritual experience.
frankincense oil Blend well With-
Frankincense oil blends well with carrier oils like jojoba oil, coconut oil, Shea butter, citrus oils and lavender oil.
14 Way to Uses of frankincense oil -
Safety and precaution –
- It is used by either inhaling oil or absorbing it through the skin.
- It is wonderful for skin as it reduces acne and tightens the skin, it naturally slow signs of aging reduce & fade scars and improve tone.
- It is used for treatment against cancer or deal with chemotherapy side effects.
- It is used to heal skin and as wrinkle fighter.
- It is used to halts dental health issues such as tooth decay, bad breath, cavities or oral infection.
- It is used as deodorizer and natural household cleaner.
- It is used to open senses and create calming atmosphere.
- It heals wounds from cuts, scrapes and burns.
- It is useful in lowering levels of anxiety or chronic stress that can relax asleep.
- It is used as antiseptic and disinfectant to eliminate cold and few germs.
- It is used for treatment for skin rashes and digestive problems like nausea or stomach pain.
- It boosts immune system and prevents illness.
- It is used to relieve restless leg syndrome.
- It is also helpful in relieves from digestive stress such as gas, constipation, stomach ache ad irritable bowel syndrome.
Avoid using in excessive as it may cause skin rashes and also digestive problems like nausea or stomach pain.
It may cause blood thinning effect so do not use blood clotting related patients.Specification of Frankincense Oil:
Appearance : Fluid liquid
Colour : Pale yellow to light yellow
Odour : The odour is strongly diffusive, fresh terpency almost
Green Lemon like Sweet woody Balsamic undertone.Botanical source : Boswellia serrata
Specific Gravity : 0.825 – 0.860
Optical Rotation : +22° - +38°
Refractive Index : 1.451 – 1.461Chromatographic Profile:-
α-thujene : 59% - 84%
α-pinene : 1% - 8%
Sabnine : 2% - 8%
β-pinene : 0.1% - 5%
Myrcene : NMT 2.0%
α- phyllendrene : 0.5% - 3%
Para cymene : 0.5% - 3%
Limonene : 2% - 6%
Gamma terpinene : NMT 3.0%Solubility Soluble :
in alcohol and other organic solvents.Storage
: In well fitted container in cool and dark place.